Ecology and Environment, Inc., Member of WSP, is seeking an entry-level Environmental Specialist for our dedicated contract office in Tallahassee, Florida. This position will be responsible for supporting projects for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) Petroleum Restoration Program. Our successful candidate will have related experience in assessment and remediation of contaminated sites in Florida.
- Project management, including financial, schedule, contractual, and technical management
- Plan work to achieve client’s objectives and coordinate with other staff to implement solutions to project issues
- Prepare and review site specific scopes of work, sampling plans and detailed cost estimates for site contamination cleanup
- Evaluate subcontractor quotes for drilling, laboratory, disposal and other professional services
- Review technical reports and analyze data, maps and summary tables to verify investigation data
- Communicate with property owners, consultants and contractors and resolve issues
- Enter and track project data and review and approve purchase requisitions for procurement of contaminated site cleanup services via My Florida Market Place
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience background in contaminated site cleanup, environmental testing or related field work is preferred
- Ability to organize a diverse and complicated workload requiring strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and stake holders including contractors, regulatory staff and property owners
- Ability to understand and convey technical information in writing
- Ability to utilize software, databases and applications to effectively manage project information, conduct site research and complete required tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; familiarity with FDEP applications (Oculus and STCM) is a plus
- Ability to travel locally to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.