Ecology and Environment, Inc., Member of WSP, is seeking two (2) on-call Wetland Biologists in the Pacific Northwestern United States (Portland, OR, Seattle, WA, or Vancouver, WA regions with potential for remote work through Oregon and Washington states) with potential project support leading to a full-time position. These positions are primarily to support our growing renewable energy sector and pipeline. Our successful candidate(s) will have experience with wetland delineations and knowledge of the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual and Regional Supplements.
- Act as a field team lead for:
- Wetland delineations
- Noxious weed surveys
- Plant and habitat surveys
- Vegetation characteristics
- Special status species surveys
- Data processing and review
- Provide summary of findings to Project Manager and coordinate with project team members including but not limited to GIS
- Prepare field documentation reports including but not limited to wetland and other waters delineation reports and noxious weed survey reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or closely related discipline
- 2+ years of relevant experience including leading wetland delineations; formal wetland delineation training required
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual and Regional Supplements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional wetland rating assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant and habitat surveys and/or vegetation characteristics in the Pacific northwest region
- Experience with plant and habitat surveys and /or vegetation characterizations; strong botanical skills preferred
- Experience with tablet-based field data collection and Trimble hand-held GPS units
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Preference for individuals with CPR/First Aid Training
- Ability to travel to project site(s), walk for several miles, work in extreme temperatures, rough terrain and work independently in remote areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.