Ecology and Environment, Inc., Member of WSP, is seeking project based Archaeological Field Techs in our Boulder, CO office. These positions will support all archaeological field investigations including field inventories, excavations, construction monitoring and any other duties assigned by the Project Manager or Field Supervisor. Our successful candidates must have experience with CRM investigations in the High Plains, Great Basin, and/or Intermountain West and be able to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Support all archaeological field investigations including field inventories, excavations, construction monitoring, recording and mapping sites and any other duty assigned by the Project Manager or Field Supervisor
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- Apply knowledge of cultural resource management principals obtained through field studies including research, data collection, compilation, and evaluation
- Bachelor’s student/candidate in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or related discipline; Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of archaeology experience in CRM investigations in the High Plains, Great Basin, and/or Intermountain West
- Participation in an archaeological field school; participation in field schools in the western U.S is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in lithic and ceramic field identification and/or geo-archaeological techniques, site form preparation, and field data collection/mapping using GPS equipment
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming is preferred
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders
in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop
technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.