Ecology and Environment, Inc., member of WSP, is seeking an experienced Professional Civil/Environmental Engineer to be our Regional Environmental Engineer for the Northeast. This position will be based in our Lancaster, New York office. The successful candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer in New York and experienced in environmental project design and construction. Working directly with the Director of Engineering, this role will be responsible for the company’s environmental engineering projects in the Northeastern U.S. and will collaboratively manage engineers in the Northeast and support projects throughout the nationwide network.
- Manage engineering programs and projects assuring that commitments are met with the appropriate level of quality to achieve results
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and quality assurance to engineering and other technical staff
- Plan, staff, schedule, and budget a variety of engineering projects/tasks and identify and resolve issues
- Design, construction, and quality assurance for site assessment, environmental and restoration projects
- Author and review Statements of Qualifications, proposals, technical documents, reports and conduct client presentations
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients including developing new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil (preferred) or Environmental Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant design and construction experience including 5+ years of consulting experience
- Professional Engineer certification in New York is required or the ability to obtain
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience successfully planning and performing technical design work and executing engineering design and construction projects
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills with attention to detail
- Experience scheduling and budgeting, implementing quality control, and effectively communicating
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with MS Project a plus
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E, together with WSP, offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.