Ecology and Environment Inc. is seeking a Resiliency Planning Project Manager at our office in Portland, OR. This position will provide leadership for Portland resiliency planning staff and manage/lead projects related to resiliency planning, climate adaptation, and flood hazard assessment. Our successful candidate will have 15+ years of relevant experience managing resiliency planning projects.
- Manage and oversee scopes of work, budgets, and schedules for resiliency planning including climate adaptation, hazard mitigation, and flood hazard assessment projects
- Provide inspiring leadership, direction, and mentoring to emergency/resiliency planning staff to develop additional capabilities and ensure that project teams work together to achieve results
- Understand and account for applicable project contract requirements and execute projects balancing client and professional standards to ensure that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality to ensure client satisfaction
- Lead client and public meetings and other engagement and outreach activities related to resiliency planning
- Coordinate with staff within the company’s Resilient Communities Practice Area on business development and project-related work
- Interact with clients, agency personnel, non-governmental organizations, and the public or other stakeholders
- Write proposals, generate leads, assess new markets, and develop new business opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, or a related discipline
- 15+ years project experience related to hazard mitigation and resiliency planning, climate adaptation, and flood hazard assessment; consulting experience in the Pacific Northwest preferred
- Knowledge of project management concepts and experience guiding planning staff into project planning, project execution, and cost/schedule control
- Experience with public outreach, public speaking and facilitation, and agency consultation and the ability to understand and interpret hazard mitigation data for a diverse audience
- Knowledge of major federal and state planning regulations and best practices
- Excellent project management, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Experience with business development and client relationship building and the ability to leverage professional relationships into project opportunities
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.