Ecology and Environment, Inc. seeking an Associate-level Biologist for our offices located in either Pensacola or Tallahassee, FL or Houston, TX. This position will be responsible for performing biological studies and supporting a variety of environmental projects. Our successful candidate will have experience with wetland delineations and biological assessments in the southeastern United States.
- Provide technical support for a variety of environmental projects including solar, transmission, pipelines, wind, and transportation or other development-related projects
- Lead, conduct or direct wetland delineations and biological studies including threatened and endangered species, wildlife, fisheries, and vegetation/habitat classification surveys
- Manage, prepare, lead, and oversee field crews for a variety of wetland/biological surveys
- Write, draft and revise environmental documents and reports
- Prepare applications for required local, state, and federal regulatory permits
- Conduct environmental impact analyses, feasibility, and due diligence studies
- Apply knowledge of natural resource principles when conducting research or collecting, compiling, and evaluating data
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Botany, Wildlife Ecology or a related discipline
- 3 – 7 years of environmental consulting experience including wetland and threatened/endangered species surveys and biological assessments
- Experience with environmental permitting in Florida and the southeastern United States; specifically, experience preparing Environmental Resource Permits for the FDEP/WMDs and USACE Section 404 permits is considered a plus
- Experience working with federal agencies including USACE, USFWS, FERC, NOAA-NMFS, DOS, DOE and USCG; experience with state environmental agencies including FDEP and FFWCC is preferred
- Knowledge of major federal statutes and implementing regulations, including ESA, NEPA, CWA, CAA, 404 wetland permitting, NHPA, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, analytical, technical writing, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.