Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a full-time Fisheries Biologist in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions (preferred locations are New York City or New Jersey region, Arlington, VA, or Virginia Beach, VA.) This position will be responsible for leading a technical working group and supporting preparation of related environmental documents. The preferred candidate will have familiarity with state and federal agencies with jurisdiction over fisheries management, fisheries science, and offshore wind development planning and permitting. Our successful candidate will have advanced educational degrees in fisheries or a related discipline with experience in fisheries biology and ecology.
- Leading a technical working group to address responsible offshore wind development concerns related to fish resources and fishing communities
- Coordinate with state and federal agencies, fishing industry representatives, and offshore wind developers
- Develop technical guidance documents
- Support preparation and review of regulatory documentation including NEPA Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements, and Endangered Species Act (ESA) Section 7/10 Biological Assessments
- Support Essential Fish Habitat (EFH) consultation activities
- Master’s Degree in Fisheries, Biology, Zoology, Oceanography, or related discipline with 5 – 7 years of related experience or Ph.D. in a related discipline with 2+ years of related experience
- Experience engaging fisheries, communities, NGOs, agencies, and other stakeholders on fisheries issues, ideally including resolution of use conflicts
- Experience with stakeholder outreach, facilitating work groups, and preparing and delivering presentations to large and small groups
- Experience with NEPA, ESA, EFH, and Magnuson Stevens Fishery and Conservation Management Act
- Experience preparing environmental documents for submission to NOAA Fisheries, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Department of Energy, or Bureau of Ocean Energy Management a plus
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.