Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Senior- or Chief-level Environmental Planner in our Virginia Beach, VA office. This position will be responsible for providing technical support for a variety of military and environmental planning projects. Our successful candidate will have a strong understanding of military operations (aircraft, surface vessels, and weapons systems) and culture, serve as a subject matter expert in these areas, and will possess a working knowledge of environmental science and planning.
- Manage and contribute technical content to planning studies including EAs, EISs, encroachment analyses (AICUZ, RAICUZ, RCUZ, noise analysis, encroachment management plans such as ICEMAPs, ECPs, and EAPs), military range and airfield studies, noise and safety impact analysis, transportation studies, land use compatibility studies, and other deliverables with a military and/or planning component
- Provide expertise on military operations, including aircraft, surface vessels, and weapons systems and review documents and deliverables with military operations components
- Engage in public involvement/community outreach efforts
- Provide effective project management of large-scale projects, including the preparation of project budgets, scopes of work, and schedules
- Assist with preparation of presentations, proposals and marketing materials for military projects
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals to accomplish project requirements
- Interact professionally with clients, potential clients, and agency representatives
- Assist in company business development efforts including attending meetings with existing and potential clients
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Public Policy, Natural Resources, Environment Science/Management, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 7 – 10 years of experience in military operations, planning, or environmental review
- Strong knowledge and understanding of military operations, military systems, organizations, and culture
- Experience with mission sustainment studies (i.e. AICUZ, RAICUZ, RCUZ, EAP, ICEMAP, JLUS) and NEPA projects
- Experience managing projects in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Experience with consulting, client relationship management, and community planning preferred
- Experience with offshore energy planning a plus
- A self-starter with excellent project management, facilitation, public engagement, technical writing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to meet business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.