Environmental Specialists – Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking Junior- and Associate-Level Environmental Specialists in Tallahassee. These positions will be responsible for supporting projects for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) Petroleum Restoration Program.
- Project oversight, including financial, schedule, contractual, and technical management
- Plan work to achieve client’s objectives and coordinate with other staff to implement solutions to project issues
- Prepare, edit, and review site specific scopes of work, sampling plans and detailed cost estimates for site contamination cleanup
- Evaluate subcontractor quotes for drilling, laboratory, disposal and other professional services
- Review technical reports; analyze data, maps and summary tables to verify investigation data, prepare technical comments, and approval letters
- Conduct site visits, communicate with property owners, consultants and contractors and resolve issues
- Enter and track project data and review and approve purchase requisitions for procurement of contaminated site cleanup services via My Florida Market Place
- Review and approve rate schedules, invoices and change orders;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical/Natural Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Junior level: 1+ years of professional experience in environmental protection, consulting, or related field
- Associate level: 5+ years of professional experience with some experience related to site contamination assessment or remediation; experience with the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program is preferred
- Ability to organize a diverse and complicated workload with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required to work as part of a team and effectively communicate with technical staff and stakeholders including contractors, regulatory agency staff, and property owners
- Ability to understand and interpret site contamination data
- Strong technical writing ability and proficiency with Microsoft Office; familiarity with FDEP applications (Oculus and STCM) is a plus
- Ability to utilize databases and applications to effectively manage project information, track time sensitive tasks and meet established deadlines and metrics
- Ability to travel locally to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.