Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Scientist or Biologist in our Pittsburgh, PA office. This position will be responsible for supporting a variety of environmental projects for energy clients in the northeast. Our successful candidate will have environmental consulting and permitting experience in the northeast.
- Support a variety of environmental projects for energy clients in the northeast (Pennsylvania, Ohio, and/or New Jersey) including electrical transmission, pipelines, wind, and solar energy projects
- Perform and lead wetland and stream delineation and permitting; plant, habitat and threatened and endangered species surveys; field surveys and field data analysis; and monitor restoration and construction projects in biologically sensitive areas
- Prepare clear and concise reports and NEPA documents
- Obtain the necessary environmental and other required local, state, and federal permits including Pennsylvania Chapter 102 Erosion and Sediment Control permits, Chapter 105 Waterways and Wetlands permits, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permits and jurisdictional determinations
- Coordinate and negotiate with Federal and State Agencies including the PA Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC), Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) including regional offices, and the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) and perform work in accordance with the US Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS), the US Army Corps of Engineers (COE), and state equivalent agency requirements
- Coordinate and meet with energy project developers and owners/operators
- Assist with proposal efforts focusing on environmental permitting for energy sector clients
- Work within multidisciplinary project teams and prioritize work assignments
- Understand and account for project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology or a related discipline
- 5+ years of environmental consulting experience
- Experience with wetland delineations; PWS desired
- Experience preparing environmental permits in Pennsylvania, specifically Chapter 102 and 105 permits
- Experience with Pennsylvania agencies including PFBC, DEP including regional offices, and DCNR
- Knowledge of major federal statutes and implementing regulations including NEPA, CWA, CAA, and NHPA
- Excellent self-leadership, presentation, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Strong work ethic, task management, technical writing skills, and the ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to travel to meet business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.