Ecology and Environment Inc. (E&E) is seeking a Disaster Recovery Specialist in Portland, OR, Eugene, OR, Salem, OR, or Hermiston, OR. This contract-specific position will support delivery of disaster-related recovery services in Oregon. Our successful candidate will have experience with emergency management, disaster recovery, or another relevant field.
- Coordinate with and provide a high level of customer service to local and state partners to facilitate effective and accurate delivery of grant funding
- Assist potential grant funding recipients in summarizing damage, communicating requirements for assistance, and developing project and priorities
- Participate in virtual and in person meetings and site visits to support
- Provide disaster recovery subject matter expertise to support review of project documentation including preparation of Project Worksheets (PWs) to determine project eligibility, scopes of work, and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure to its pre-disaster design
- Conduct preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) in the field with Federal, State, and local officials
- Interact with clients, agency personnel, non-governmental organizations, and the public or other stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Planning, Environmental Science or Planning, or related discipline
- 3 – 5 years of experience in emergency management, homeland security, disaster recovery, accounting, finance or another relevant field; experience with FEMA’s Public Assistance Program preferred
- General knowledge of disaster recovery laws, regulations, and programs including knowledge of the roles of federal, state, and local governments.
- In-depth knowledge of the FEMA Public Assistance program; experience with the FEMA Grants Portal is preferred
- Experience with public outreach, public speaking and facilitation, and agency consultation
- Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours and commit to a minimum 90-day assignment in remote locations and disaster conditions
- Excellent project management, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills and excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.