Ecology and Environment Inc. is seeking an on-call Archaeologist in one of our New York State offices (Albany, Buffalo, or New York City); other locations in the eastern U.S. will be considered. This position will support existing cultural resource projects and will involve preparing Programmatic Agreements. Our successful candidate will have relevant experience coordinating the Section 106 process with the NEPA compliance process.
- Provide technical support for the Section 106 consultation and NEPA compliance processes to address cultural resources and historic properties issues
- Provide general NHPA compliance support for a wide range of private and public clients, including consultation documentation, MOAs and PAs
- Providing support for preparation of the cultural resource components of environmental permits, documents, and reports including writing, drafting, editing, and revising
- Applying knowledge of cultural resource management principles obtained through field studies including research, data collection, compilation, and evaluation
- Attend project meetings and phone conferences to discuss progress
- Providing oversight services to clients for cultural resources subcontractors
- PhD in Anthropology, Archeology, Historic Architecture, or related discipline
- 15+ years of experience including cultural resources management and relevant experience coordinating the Section 106 process with the NEPA compliance process
- Experience conducting or overseeing field investigations, artifact analysis, and the study of historical documents
- Report writing experience including preparation of reports and development of Memoranda of Agreement and Programmatic Agreements
- Experience in environmental consulting in the Eastern United States; experience with tribal consultation preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.