Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Specialist in our Houston, TX office. This position will be responsible for supporting a variety of domestic and international telecommunication and energy projects that involve a multitude of teaming partners, subsidiaries, and subcontractors. Our successful candidate will have experience conducting environmental impact assessments and working with federal, state and local environmental permitting agencies and have proven and extensive experience successfully coordinating and communicating with multiple project entities on complex projects. Fluency (i.e., proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing) in English and Spanish is required; similar skills in Portuguese are highly desired. Offshore or coastal marine experience is a plus, but not essential.
- Serve as a Task Manager or Deputy Project Manager for domestic and international telecommunication and energy projects.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of domestic, South American, and other international teaming partners, subsidiaries, and subcontractors. This work may include, but is not limited to, conducting frequent email and verbal communication/coordination of project activities; obtaining/preparing status updates; preparing weekly and end-of-month activity reports and invoices; and assembling, reviewing and conducting quality assurance and quality control on project documents.
- Communicate with international, and/or US federal, state, and local permitting agencies; prepare permit applications and agency correspondence; and conduct negotiations with regulatory agencies.
- Interact professionally with clients and agency representatives.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals to accomplish project objectives.
- Assist in company business development efforts including attending meetings and preparing presentations, proposals and marketing materials.
- BS in engineering (no PE required); biology; planning; environmental studies; physical or natural sciences; or related discipline.
- 5 to 10 years of environmental consulting experience.
- Experience in preparation of permit applications and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)/Environmental Assessments (EAs) or similar.
- Project, task, or team management experience highly desired.
- Fluent/proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish; similar skills in Portuguese are highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and project management skills with attention to detail and ability to output high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to quickly adapt to change.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and technical writing skills; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically to support business needs.
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.