Ecology and Environment is seeking an experienced Geologist/Hydrogeologist for our offices in Boulder, CO, Portland, OR, and San Francisco, CA. This position will be responsible for managing site assessment and remediation at contaminated sites including abandoned mine land sites in the inter-mountain west and western region. Our successful candidates will have related experience supporting clients and environmental projects in the western U.S.
- Reviewing background information and developing appropriate technical approaches to meet project objectives and regulatory requirements
- Preparing work plans, sampling and analysis plans, and technical reports, including recommendations for future work
- Participating in field sampling and data collection activities in a leadership role
- Managing and directing project teams involved in removal/remedial assessment, engineering evaluations and cost analysis, water resources studies, and remedial design
- Managing and implementing site assessment and remediation at contaminated sites including abandoned mine land sites
- Interacting with multiple stakeholders including state and federal environmental agencies, Native American entities, public involvement groups, and Technical Advisory Committees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or a closely related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- Licensed Hydrogeologist certification or Professional Geologist License
- 7+ years of environmental consulting or related experience working under CERCLA
- Experience managing site assessment and remediation at contaminated sites
- Experience with radioactive site contamination including uranium mine sites a plus
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with excellent analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to travel to remote sites to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.