Ecology and Environment is seeking an experienced Professional Civil/Environmental Engineer for our New York offices in either Lancaster, NY or Albany, NY. As part of E & E’s nationwide network of engineers, this position will be responsible for the design, construction, and quality assurance for site assessment and restoration projects and will collaboratively manage and support other engineers and technical scientists on projects throughout the United States. Our successful candidate will have a Professional Engineer certification and experience with civil/environmental project design and construction.
- Manage engineering programs and projects assuring that commitments are met with the appropriate level of quality to achieve results
- Mentor and provide leadership, technical direction, and quality assurance to technical staff
- Plan, staff, schedule, and budget a variety of projects/tasks and identify and resolve issues
- Author and review Statements of Qualifications, proposals, technical documents, reports and conduct client presentations
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients including developing new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil (preferred) or Environmental Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant design and construction experience; 5+ years of experience in a consulting environment preferred
- Professional Engineer certification required; certification in FL or NY preferred
- Experience successfully planning and performing technical design work and executing engineering design and construction projects
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of design and construction documentation work
- Experience with scheduling and budgeting, implementing quality control, and effectively communicating project details with clients and project teams
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with MS Project a plus
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.