Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a senior Project Manager in San Francisco. This position will be responsible for managing a variety of projects throughout California including those in our Energy and Enterprise Business Lines. This role will lead the preparation of all levels of environmental permitting and impact analysis (e.g. CEQA/NEPA documents) from inception to completion. Our successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the environmental impact analysis process and experience with linear, renewable, and conventional energy projects.
- Manages and oversees scopes of work, budgets and schedules for a range of projects including utility, energy transmission, and renewable energy projects
- Prepares, directs, and reviews the preparation of EISs, EIRs, EAs, IS/MNDs and other CEQA/NEPA permitting documents
- Understands and accounts for applicable project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Identifies project challenges and provides project/contract status reports, feedback and solution recommendations to local and regional management
- Ensures that project teams work together to achieve results by providing inspiring leadership and direction, staff mentoring and development, and actively identifying and resolving issues
- Understands the client’s requirements and executes the project balancing client and professional standards to ensure client satisfaction
- Writes proposals, generates leads, assesses new markets, and develops new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Physical or Biological Sciences or a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience preparing and/or leading the preparation of environmental documents, surveys, and studies
- Relevant experience preparing and reviewing CEQA and/or NEPA documents, EISs, EIRs, EAs, IS/MNDs, and federal, state, and county-level permitting
- Familiarity with the site development permitting processes including Sections 404 and 401 of Clean Water Act and Sections 7 and 10 of the Endangered Species Act
- Strong track record managing projects from approximately $150,000 to $2,000,000 in size with excellent leadership and project management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Excellent presentation, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.