Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a senior Energy and Land Use Planning Environmental Project Manager in Boulder, CO or Salt Lake City, UT. This position will be responsible for managing a variety of projects throughout the inter-mountain west including those in our Energy and Enterprise Business Lines. This role will lead the preparation of all levels of environmental permitting and impact analysis from inception to completion, for energy, natural resource extraction, and/or land use planning projects. Our successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the environmental impact analysis process and experience with linear, renewable, and conventional energy projects, and also land use planning projects conducted for federal, state, and local government.
- Manages and oversees scopes of work, budgets and schedules for a range of projects including land use planning, utility, energy transmission, and renewable energy projects
- Prepares, directs, and reviews the preparation of NEPA EISs, EAs, and associated permitting documents and/or land use planning documents including RMPs and LRMPs
- Supports public outreach and stakeholder involvement for 3rd party permitting and land use planning projects
- Manages/directs natural and cultural resource surveys and projects for government agencies
- Understands and accounts for applicable project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Identifies project challenges and provides project/contract status reports, feedback and solution recommendations to local and regional management
- Ensures that project teams work together to achieve results by providing inspiring leadership and direction, staff mentoring and development, and actively identifying and resolving issues
- Understands the client’s requirements and executes the project balancing client and professional standards to ensure client satisfaction
- Writes proposals, generates leads, assesses new markets, and develops new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Physical or Biological Sciences or a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in environmental permitting and/or land use planning with federal agencies including the BLM, USFS, BOR, FERC, state agencies, and other regulatory agencies
- Relevant experience preparing and reviewing NEPA documents, RMPs, LRMPs, EISs, EAs, and federal, state, and county-level permitting; experience with IS/MNDs and EIRs under CEQA a plus
- Experience with Sections 404 and 401 of Clean Water Act and Sections 7 and 10 of the Endangered Species Act
- Strong leadership and project management skills; PMP certification preferred
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Excellent presentation, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.