Ecology and Environment is seeking an experienced Geologist/Hydrogeologist for our offices in Seattle, WA and Boulder, CO. In our Seattle office, this position will be responsible for conducting a variety of environmental surveys to support challenging environmental projects in the Pacific Northwest. In our Boulder office, this position will be responsible for managing site assessment and remediation at contaminated sites including abandoned mine land sites in the inter-mountain west and western region. Our successful candidates will have related experience supporting clients and environmental projects in the western U.S.
- Multimedia environmental sampling including geologic logging of soil and rock core samples
- Oversight of drilling and monitoring well installation subcontractors using a variety of drilling techniques (including direct push, rotosonic, air rotary, and hollow-stem auger)
- Report preparation including drilling logs, cross sections, maps, and other interpretive work products
- Design and oversight of geophysical and other environmental surveys
- Writing sampling and work plans
- Managing and directing project teams involved in removal/remedial assessment, engineering evaluations and cost analysis, water resources studies, and remedial design
- Managing site assessment and remediation at contaminated sites including abandoned mine land sites
- Interacting with multiple stakeholders including state and federal environmental agencies, Native American entities, public involvement groups, and Technical Advisory Committees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or a closely related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- Washington State Licensed Geologist, Licensed Hydrogeologist certification, or Professional Geologist License in other western states
- 7+ years of environmental consulting or related experience working under CERCLA; experience working under MTCA preferred
- Experience managing site assessment and remediation at contaminated sites
- Experience with radioactive site contamination including uranium mine sites a plus
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with excellent analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to travel to remote sites to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.