Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking a Geologist or Hydrogeologist with technical and project management experience for our Seattle, WA or Portland, OR offices. This position will contribute to E & E’s growth strategy in the Pacific Northwest and will offer significant potential for technical and management advancement opportunities. The successful candidate will support a variety of challenging environmental projects collaborating with scientists, engineers, and other professionals throughout the western contiguous U.S. and Alaska.
- Supporting and leading the design and implementation of multimedia (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, biota) environmental sampling.
- Preparation of sampling and work plans.
- Oversight of drilling and monitoring well installation subcontractors using a variety of drilling techniques (e.g., direct push, rotosonic, air rotary, and hollow-stem auger).
- Geologic logging of soil and rock core samples.
- Report preparation including drilling logs, cross sections, maps, and other interpretive work products.
- Design and oversight of geophysical and other environmental surveys.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or a closely related discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- Washington State Licensed Geologist, Licensed Hydrogeologist certification, or Professional Geologist License in other western state(s).
- 5-10 years of environmental consulting or related experience working under CERCLA; experience working under MTCA strongly desired.
- Experience managing site assessment and remediation at contaminated sites.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical, and technical writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel to remote sites to support business needs.
- Proficiency with cloud-based file management systems (e.g., Sharepoint).
- Familiarity with electronic field data collection and management.
- 3-dimensional geological modeling experience a plus.
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.