Ecology and Environment Inc. is seeking an on-call Emergency Planner in our Portland, OR, office. This position will support planning projects related to emergency operations and hazard mitigation. Our successful candidate will have related experience with emergency planning or response, the emergency planning regulatory landscape, and applicable requirements.
- Supporting project delivery including emergency operations planning, hazard mitigation planning, training exercise planning, response and facilitation, and environmental and land use impact analysis
- Researching, writing and preparing reports and presentations related to local emergency planning considerations, new regulations, and best practices
- Serve as facilitator and liaison between E & E team and clients and local stakeholders including developing and facilitating client engagement activities, planning meetings, workshops, and public outreach efforts
- Handling multiple deadlines and producing high-quality work under tight schedules
- Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Emergency Management, or a closely related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in environmental or emergency planning, emergency response, or incident management; training in the National Incident Management System and Incident Command System preferred
- Knowledge of the emergency planning regulatory landscape including major federal and state emergency management regulations and best practices
- Experience with public outreach, public speaking and facilitation, and agency consultation
- Ability to understand and interpret emergency and hazard risk data for a diverse audience
- Highly motivated with strong organizational and project management, leadership, technical writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.