Gustavson Associates, a subsidiary of Ecology and Environment, Inc., is seeking a Mining Engineer for our Lakewood, CO office. This position is responsible for providing engineering support for our professional team and calls for strong technical skills and excellent communication skill. Our successful candidate must have knowledge of a mining software system and AutoCAD (or similar software.) Prior DataMine experience is a plus as is a second language, especially Spanish.
- Detailed design of open pit and underground mines
- Creation of engineering and geologic drawings for reports
- Engineering trade-off studies
- Cost estimation and economic analysis of alternatives
- Use of Microsoft Excel for statistical and technical analysis
- Flexibility in supporting both engineering and geologic aspects of projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mining Engineering or a closely related field
- 3 –7 years of professional experience working with the mining industry
- Strong English technical writing skills. Experience with proposals and technical reports.
- International experience and experience in mine operations a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support projects, marketing activities, and client needs
- Strong computer skills focusing on Microsoft products, ArcGIS (or similar), AutoCAD (or similar), and DataMine (or similar). DataMine experience is a plus.
- Ability to speak a second language, especially Spanish, is a plus
Gustavson Associates has provided mineral resource evaluation and consulting services to worldwide industry for over 30 years. Our geologists and mining engineers provide professional analysis, technical advice and educational services to mine exploration and development companies. We most often work closely with small to mid-size mining companies including exploration and operating companies who need our guidance and support for development and operations. At Gustavson, our consultants can meet client needs quickly and accurately. We can cohesively develop projects across both cultural and political boundaries. Gustavson has a diverse team of technical experts, including experienced geologists, geophysicists, engineers, environmental specialists, economists, and financial experts.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred. Gustavson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D