Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a full-time Proposal Manager at one of our locations in Chicago, IL, Lancaster, NY, or Arlington, VA to support a high volume of proposals in a fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for providing high-level support to opportunity pursuits and deliver excellence in proposal management to drive strong results. Our successful candidate will have extensive experience responding to RFPs from government and commercial sources and have a proven track record of compliance with and timely response to complex procurement requirements that have challenging deadlines. The Proposal Manager will possess exceptional communication skills, be a problem-solver by nature, and be able to juggle multiple priorities/assignments without sacrificing deliverable quality. This is a highly networked and collaborative position that is integral to meeting new business development goals and is the conduit through which E&E’s sales efforts translate into winning proposals.
A cover letter is required with your resume – please submit cover letter and resume as one document.
- Work within an assigned Business Line to become knowledgeable of projects, clients, and opportunities
- Work with Sales Directors, key technical experts, and other stakeholders on strategic pursuits and associated capture plans; organize capture team calls, draft initial capture plans, record capture activities, and follow up on action items
- Use information developed during capture planning to develop win themes, discriminators, sell points, executive summaries, and other valuable proposal content
- Assist technical staff with identifying features, benefits, and proofs to be incorporated into proposal text
- Write and develop persuasive proposal content that is reflective of pre-proposal sales/capture activities
- Lead and manage the proposal process from start to finish including proposal planning, scheduling/running kickoff meetings, delegating tasks, assigning writers and reviewers, engaging appropriate SMEs, conducting compliance checks, and driving the overall proposal schedule to produce and submit complete proposal packages
- Lead and manage color team reviews
- Work collaboratively across Business Lines/practice areas to encourage knowledge-sharing and effective communication to introduce efficiencies in the capture and proposal processes
- Facilitate proposal debriefs, utilizing information from wins/losses to drive efficiencies and more effective proposal strategies
- Share expertise and best practices across Business Lines to drive continuous improvement
- Maintain proposal budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related discipline; APMP Foundation-level certification or above preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing complex proposals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with the Shipley proposal development process
- Ability to distill complex, voluminous information from disparate sources into compelling content for proposals and other business development/marketing efforts as needed
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven commitment to high performance in a team-based setting with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities from internal and external stakeholders
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. A cover letter is required with your resume – please submit cover letter and resume as one document. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.