Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Specialist for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) petroleum restoration program as an embedded employee at the FDEP’s Bob Martinez Center office. This position will provide technical support within the FDEP’s Petroleum Restoration Program. Our successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Assist the FDEP with monitoring of 12 Local Program petroleum cleanup contracts
- Communicate with Local Program staff and serve as liaison between the Local Program and the FDEP
- Review specifications and documents for procurement of site remediation services including project scope of work, approach, cost estimates, and rate schedules
- Track and confirm status of work products and generate reports for management
- Provide technical assistance to program staff as needed
- Confirm timely data entry and approval of project documents in State of Florida data management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical/Natural Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 1+ years of related professional experience in environmental protection, consulting, or related field
- Ability to utilize software, databases and applications to effectively manage project information, conduct site research and complete required tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is desired; familiarity with FDEP applications (Oculus and STCM) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects and meet deadlines
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.