Ecology and Environment, Inc., Member of WSP, is seeking a Professional Engineer (P.E.) to support our dedicated contract office in Tallahassee, FL. This position will support the Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Petroleum Restoration Program. Our successful candidate will be responsible for providing engineering and technical assistance for the remediation of petroleum contaminated sites and will be a Florida P.E. with experience in contaminated site remediation.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection rules and guidelines for petroleum contamination site restoration, including Chapters 62-780 and 62-777 of the Florida Administrative Code
- Serve as team P.E. for technical decisions regarding remediation of contaminated sites
- Review Remedial Action Plans and related design documents and provide professional certification as needed.
- Review technical reports submitted by consultants for site remediation
- Prepare technical comment letters and lead project discussions with project managers and contractors
- Review and prepare scope of work documents for remediation of petroleum contamination
- Negotiate costs and scope of work for site remediation
- Monitor progress of site rehabilitation; make recommendations for corrective action, cost efficiencies and site closure
- Consult and coordinate with other engineering staff on technical decisions and use of innovative technologies for site remediation
- Perform site visits and field investigations as needed
- Plan and perform technical work requiring judgment and independent evaluation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Licensed Florida P.E. with 7 or more years of related experience
- Experience with site remediation design principles and concepts including groundwater recovery and in-situ remediation
- Ability to review and comprehend pilot test plans, remedial design plans, constructions drawings, site rehabilitation reports, site assessment reports and other technical documents.
- Experience with evaluating costs for site remediation
- Ability to organize a diverse and complicated work load requiring strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and stake holders including contractors, regulatory staff and property owners
- Excellent technical writing ability
- Experience with the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program and/or innovative site remediation technologies is a plus
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop
technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.