Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Financial Reporting Associate, with proven U.S. GAAP accounting and financial reporting experience, at its corporate headquarters in Lancaster, NY. Under the direction and guidance of the Corporate Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Company’s external reporting requirements, interpreting and implementing U.S. GAAP accounting standards, ensuring internal controls compliance, and participating in monthly financial close and reporting processes. This position will have extensive contact with accounting staff, executive management, and internal and external auditors.
- Prepare the Company’s quarterly, annual and other periodic SEC filings.
- Manage the Company’s compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting/reporting requirements.
- Manage external reporting schedules and timelines and coordinate appropriate review of information, to ensure that financial statements and related documents are accurately prepared on a timely basis.
- Coordinate with the Company’s Internal Auditor to appropriately design, monitor and test the Company’s SOX controls over financial reporting
- Coordinate with the Company’s external auditors for annual audits and quarterly reviews of the Company’s consolidated financial statements.
- Participate with other Finance staff during the Company’s monthly financial close process to ensure timely and accurate account reconciliation, activity analysis, and internal financial reporting.
- Participate in Finance process improvement initiatives to ensure effective and efficient use of Company resources.
- Mentor Finance staff on technical accounting matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of related experience; experience in an independent public accounting firm is preferred
- Experience auditing public clients or managing SEC reporting processes, with strong knowledge of current accounting and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of risks and internal controls related to accounting and financial reporting functions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories