Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Payroll and Payroll Tax Specialist for our corporate headquarters in Lancaster, New York. This position will be responsible for producing accurate payroll and payroll tax reporting, filing, and payment. Our successful candidate must be a dependable and reliable self-starter with experience processing and administering multi-state, multi-company payroll and payroll taxes.
- Coordinate closely with Human Resources, Labor, and Accounting staff to produce accurate and timely regular and off-cycle payroll and payroll tax reporting, filing, and payment
- Process deduction payroll vendor feeds and payment
- Create payroll vouchers
- Maintain employee direct deposit records, tax records, and files
- Process involuntary deductions such as levies or garnishments
- Record payroll tax payments in accounting system
- Set-up and maintain tax accounts with government entities as needed
- Maintain record of adjustments and reconciliation
- Assist with financial audits related to pay and payroll tax records
- Process year-end payroll tax reports and reconcile W-2 information for accuracy
- Assist staff with general questions related to payroll and payroll taxes
- Assist with administration of special projects related to payroll and payroll taxes
- Associate Degree in Accounting and working knowledge of US payroll and payroll tax regulations OR a Certification in a directly related field such as Certified Payroll Professional, Fundamental Payroll Certification, or Payroll Tax Specialist.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience processing and administering multi-state, multi-company payroll and payroll taxes
- Proficiency with CostPoint Payroll and Microsoft Office
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute and operate a 10-key calculator
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to HIPAA standards
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated self-leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrate strong time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.