Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an on-call experienced Engineer, Hydrogeologist, or related discipline with a specialty in hydrologic, hydraulic and groundwater modeling for our West Palm Beach office. This position will be responsible for water resource and modeling projects. Our successful candidate will have experience exercising various models for water supply planning, flood analysis and ecosystem restoration.
- Develop and run hydrologic and hydraulic models including integrated groundwater and surface water models
- Review model input data and post process model outputs
- Provide peer review of model results
- Assist with the preparation of related technical studies and reports
- Plan and implement hydrologic investigations
- Provide technical support for environmental assessments, groundwater and surface water evaluations, and water resource feasibility studies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geology, or related discipline required; advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience with project management and hydrologic, hydraulic and groundwater modeling for water supply planning, flood analysis and ecosystem restoration
- Experience utilizing different 1D and 2D models
- Knowledge of south Florida water management systems
- Ability to model wetland hydroperiods and restorative surface water flows
- Experience with the South Florida Water Management District preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and experience with other database and modeling applications
- Ability to provide technical support on an as-needed basis and travel to support project needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.