Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking on-call Fisheries Biologists with the potential to evolve into part-time or full-time positions. These positions will be responsible for supporting National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) document preparation and review and Endangered Species Act (ESA) and Essential Fish Habitat (EFH) consultation activities and other regulatory documentation. Our successful candidates will have relevant experience with fisheries biology/ecology with preference given to candidates with experience in groundfish, benthic, pelagic, or salmon fisheries biology/ecology. These are national positions that can work from any of the company’s domestic office locations. Preferred locations for the Salmon Fisheries Biologist would be Portland, OR; Seattle or Lacey, WA; Santa Cruz, Long Beach, La Jolla, or Sacramento, CA.
- Support preparation and review of NEPA Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements, ESA Section 7/10 Biological Opinions, EFH consultations, and other regulatory documentation
- Analyze fishery population data in the context of fisheries management
- Support assessment of impacts to fisheries for offshore and coastal energy development
- Education / experience:
- Master’s Degree in Fisheries, Biology, Zoology, Oceanography, or related discipline plus 3 years of related experience in fisheries biology and ecology or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fisheries, Biology, Zoology, Oceanography, or related discipline plus 5 years of related experience in fisheries biology and ecology
- Preference given to candidates with demonstrated experience in any of the following US Pacific coast focus areas: salmon fisheries biology, groundfish and benthic fisheries biology, or pelagic fisheries biology
- Knowledge of fisheries management practices and general fisheries management policies under Magnuson-Steven Fishery and Conservation Management Act
- Experience in NEPA, ESA, and and/or EFH
- Experience preparing environmental documents for submission to NOAA Fisheries, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Department of Energy, or Bureau of Ocean Energy Management a plus
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.