Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking an experienced Environmental/Civil Engineer in Buffalo, New York or Cleveland, Ohio. This position will support project work in New York and the Great Lakes Region. Our successful candidate will have related project management experience and strong leadership skills.
- Managing projects related to contaminated materials, habitat restoration, hazardous waste sites, engineering designs, construction oversight, and site management
- Managing budget, forecasts, resources, and reporting for projects
- Ensuring that project teams work together to achieve results, providing leadership and direction, and identifying and resolving issues
- Understanding project contract requirements and assuring that commitments are met in accordance with the appropriate level of quality
- Providing project information and recommendations to senior management
- Planning and performing technical work requiring judgment and independent evaluation
- Developing project specifications and producing/reviewing design plans and details for moderate to complex designs
- Developing and analyzing design calculations and cost estimates
- Directing, coordinating, and delegating assignments to staff engineers, scientists, technicians, drafters, and other project-specific personnel
- Authoring technical documents, and reports, and proposals
- Managing client relations to develop new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Professional Engineer license (preferred)
- 3 – 10 years’ related experience including hazardous waste sites remediation, habitat restoration design, green infrastructure, or storm water management, and planning
- Consulting and business development experience preferred
- Creative problem solver with the ability to handle difficult situations, make critical decisions, and develop innovative solutions with minimal guidance
- Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal and verbal communication skill, and the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management, data interpretation, and technical writing skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules and able to quickly adapt to change to meet business needs
- Ability to travel to support project needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.