Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Billing Specialist for our corporate headquarters in Lancaster, New York. This position will be responsible for coordinating the client invoicing under a dedicated federal EPA contract and assisting with other accounting/finance tasks and invoicing, as needed. Our successful candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication and computer skills and a high degree of attention to detail.
- Complete monthly invoices and various periodic reports related to multiple projects under a dedicated federal EPA contract, including:
- Maintaining project files and preparing invoices and reports in accordance with contract requirements and Billing Team guidelines
- Maintaining accurate Excel spreadsheets for multiple projects
- Researching and analyzing data to ensure accurate reporting and billing
- Formatting final documents for submission to E & E Project Managers for review and addressing Project Manager comments and/or revisions
- Submission of final documents to the EPA and addressing specific data inquiries from the EPA
- Interface with E & E staff in various departments (including Contracting, Costing, Project Management, Subcontracting, Accounting, and IT) as necessary to accomplish job requirements
- Complete monthly invoices for other clients of the Company, as required
- Assist the Accounting/Finance team with other tasks, either as a primary preparer or in a backup role, as necessary (i.e. accounts receivable, vendor and accounts payable management, general ledger activity and account reconciliations)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline is preferred
- 4+ years of invoicing experience; billing or finance experience in a federal government contracting setting is strongly preferred
- Other accounting/finance experience is desirable (i.e. accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Experience with federal EPA invoicing and reporting requirements is a plus
- Experience with automated billing and/or accounting systems is required; experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting system is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high degree of attention to detail and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.