Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking a part-time (24 hours/week with benefits) Administrative Assistant in our Tallahassee, FL office. This position will be responsible for assisting environmental professionals by providing administrative support, project tracking, and data entry. Our successful candidate must be a dependable and a reliable self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Provides administrative support for multi-disciplinary environmental professionals
- Assists with implementing unit operating practices such as record keeping systems, forms control, creating new systems, or revising established procedures
- Locates and compiles information
- Prepares graphs, tables, records, and other sources of information using Excel
- Assembles and categorizes facts and figures for written computation and calculations
- Word processing including typing, and creating documents from original notes and drafts
- Works closely with off-site corporate office, clients and project managers
- Coordinates meetings and other staff functions
- Coordinates collection and preparation of project reports
- Tracks projects, accounts payable, and invoicing
- Answers phones and greets visitors
- Maintains confidentiality
- Distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail
- Photocopying, filing, purchasing supplies and other duties as needed
- 3+ years of administrative experience required; experience in a professional office environment or environmental consulting desired
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business administration/management or related discipline preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including good phone etiquette and strong typing and grammar skills
- Excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft 2010 Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point) and internet research
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high degree of attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.