Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking a Junior Attorney in our Lancaster Corporate Headquarters. This position will be responsible for providing support with contracts and corporate-related documents. Our successful candidate will be a licensed attorney (or license pending) in New York State with experience in or knowledge of administrative or corporate law. A cover letter is required with your resume submittal – please submit the cover letter and resume as one document.
- Support in-house attorney with contracts, conflict of interest, confidentiality, subpoenas and litigation
- Draft, write, review, and edit contracts, reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other related documents
- Conduct research on related legal matters including state and federal statutes and regulations
- Assist in-house attorney with monitoring of corporate legal matters including working with outside counsel and internal staff
- Provide legal counsel to the corporation
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of corporate and client information
- Other related duties as assigned
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed (or license pending) attorney qualified to practice in New York State
- 0-2 years of experience in Administrative/Corporate law
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer and research skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Environmental experience or science undergrad and bi-lingual capabilities a plus
- Strong self-starting, leadership, and teamwork skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrate strong time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. A cover letter is required with your resume submittal – please submit the cover letter and resume as one document. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.