Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking an Environmental Engineer in Tallahassee, FL with training and experience related to contaminated soil and groundwater projects, including investigation, contaminant fate and transport, evaluation of remedial alternatives, and design/implementation of remedial approaches. Our successful candidate will have a proven track record managing related projects and interfacing with clients.
- Managing projects involving investigation and remediation of various contaminants in soil and groundwater
- Managing budget, forecasts, resources, and reporting for projects
- Ensuring that project teams work together to achieve results, providing leadership and direction, and identifying and resolving issues
- Understanding project contract requirements and assuring that commitments are met in accordance with the appropriate level of quality
- Providing project information and recommendations to senior management
- Planning and performing technical work requiring judgment and independent evaluation
- Developing project specifications and producing/reviewing design plans and details for moderate to complex designs
- Developing and analyzing design calculations and cost estimates
- Directing, coordinating, and delegating assignments to staff engineers, scientists, technicians, drafters, and other project-specific personnel
- Authoring technical documents, reports, and proposals
- Managing client relations to develop additional and new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering or other closely related discipline
- Professional Engineer preferred or eligibility to obtain PE within 6 months
- 3 to 10 years’ environmental engineering experience involving site investigation, contaminant fate and transport, evaluation of remedial alternatives, and design/implementation of remedial approaches
- Experience working with State/Federal hazardous waste projects and consulting experience strongly preferred
- Creative problem solver with the ability to handle difficult situations, make critical decisions, and develop innovative solutions with minimal guidance
- Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management, data interpretation, engineering design, and technical writing skills
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules and able to quickly adapt to change to meet business needs
- Ability to travel to support project needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.