Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a CEQA Specialist in our San Francisco office. This position requires strong permitting and compliance experience and will be responsible for supporting and leading the implementation of projects in the energy sector. Our successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of project development and implementation from initial siting, permitting, and agency approvals, through oversight and compliance monitoring and mitigation during and after construction.
- Lead the preparation of site surveys, technical resource reports, permit applications, State/Federal environmental impact documentation (e.g. CEQA/NEPA) for energy projects including solar, wind, pipeline, and transmission line projects in California and the western U.S.
- Management or support of multidisciplinary project teams for multiple ongoing energy projects
- Support preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents by authoring resource impact analyses, MMRPs, and mitigation plans
- Oversee and/or conduct mitigation measures compliance monitoring
- Coordinate and negotiate with Federal and State Agencies as related to writing and reviewing permit applications
- Engage in public involvement/community outreach efforts
- Meet with energy project developers and owners/operators, generate leads, assess new markets, develop new business opportunities, and oversee proposal development
- Understand and account for project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Planning, or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience planning and implementing environmental studies required for permit applications for a variety of traditional and renewable energy projects including solar, wind, transmission lines, and/or pipelines; environmental consulting experience preferred
- Experience with writing/managing NEPA/CEQA analyses, EAs/EISs/EIRs, and project permitting and compliance
- Experience with the preliminary stages of project development and permitting and compliance during project construction
- Experience developing and implementing impact mitigation strategies
- Experience with public outreach and agency consultation
- Excellent project management, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Experience in energy industry projects and established relationships with Western U.S. based energy companies is highly desirable
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.