Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking a Certified Industrial Hygienist for our Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, NY. This position will be responsible for providing technical support and/or management of related health and safety projects. The successful candidate will be a Certified Industrial Hygienist with experience serving as a technical lead on a variety of health and safety initiatives.
- Serve as technical lead and provide health and safety technical support on a variety of on-going and new projects including government and commercial projects
- Plan, schedule, conduct, & coordinate detailed phases of health and safety technical work, audits, and/or self-assessments as part of a major project or on a project of complex scope
- Perform industrial hygiene surveys and audits, indoor air quality and noise assessments, asbestos-containing building material, lead-based paint, and mold surveys and investigations
- Provide health & safety oversight and audits on project sites to ensure compliance with legal, internal, and client requirements
- Provide expert testimony or subject matter expert support for public hearings
- Provide expertise in noise monitoring and modeling
- Develop noise sections for environmental permit applications and documents under NEPA and various state equivalents
- Model potential noise impacts resulting from project construction and operation
- Review applicant-prepared noise emission estimates and modeling study results
- Create and maintain company operating procedures and associated training and monitor regulatory trends and activities related to industrial hygiene and ergonomics
- Provide additional input and support as required for company-wide health & safety, industrial hygiene, and ergonomics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science-based discipline
- 5 – 7 years of experience performing industrial hygiene sampling methods, surveys, assessments, and audits including indoor air quality, noise, asbestos-containing building material, lead-based paint, mold and asbestos abatement; experience with asbestos fiber release assessments a plus
- Certified Industrial Hygienist certification through the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training required; OSHA 30-hour construction training preferred
- Proficiency with databases and spreadsheets, the ability to work with mathematical concepts commonly associated with the professions of safety engineering and industrial hygiene, and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Working knowledge of OSHA general industry standards, OSHA construction standards, and health & safety monitoring equipment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and effectively interact with clients and other organizations
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to set objectives, deliver results, and achieve key project delivery milestones
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.